Taking care of hair is important we generally tend to ignore hair health because we are taking care of their recurrent cold and cough and stomach colic. The hair on your baby’s scalp starts growing in uterus itself. They can have thin sparse to thick tangled hair and they are not going to remain as it is as after one year they all will change anyway irrespective of you do anything. Hair starts falling eventually three to six months of age and there is a tendency for new hair starts to grow. Nowadays when you go for a search for good hair products for your baby it is difficult, these products are loaded with chemicals.
The first step is to choose the oil, shampoo, and conditioner which is important. Always buy baby hair care products meant for babies only. Such products are better and do not affect many chemicals. It is good to choose a trusted brand mostly physician recommended. Ensure that the shampoo you buy for your baby does not have increased pH it might harm the scalp of the baby.
What If Your Baby Has Fussy Hair?
As every baby is different from another, similarly their hair pattern differs as well. We have discussed only two types of hair here to tell you how you can manage if you find your baby carry the same.
Types of Hair:
There are two types of Hair commonly seen in Children especially Asian thick dark hair which are curly and sparse hair.
- So, let us see if your baby has curly hair then which keep getting which gets curly it is good if you use mild conditioner to keep the hair properly.
- Using mild shampoo is good but don’t make it a frequent act, you can wash his hair with water and then add on with a conditioner.
- Just wash hair frequently so that hair does not stay matted.
- There are children which have thin sparse hair and parents it is completely fine as till one here the hair growth also varies. For your little one to have thing sparse hair, the wash should be kept to a minimum.
- It is best to wash the hair once a week or more twice a week but not more than it.
- Even if there is less amount of hair the scalp must be kept clean and healthy to make sure proper hair growth is there later.
Hair Wash Time:
You have to be extra cautious and as tender as you can be while washing your baby’s hair. Try the below baby hair wash method and see how it works for your baby’s hair.
- It is important to make the environment comfortable and warm for the baby and ensure that the room is warm.
- It is essential to use accessories that the toys which babies like.
- Apply shampoo all over the baby’s scalp to clean the head.
- It is important to distract before you start washing his hair, as most kids are not too happy about it.
- While washing hair it is better and advisable to hold your baby in a slightly reclining position to make sure the soap does not get in the eyes and there is not much water on the face.
- Whenever you are handling the baby you have to take extra precaution to the head and shoulders strongly so that your darling does not feel frightened.
- A soft sponge can be used to wash hair. Do the usual routine of wetting your baby’s hair well with the sponge and then try and apply a small quantity of shampoo. Massage gently.
- It is good to pour the water and clean the part properly on your baby’s head to remove all the soap off her head and body.
- It is better to gently pat dry immediately, it would be appropriate if you use a towel.
These are certain Hair care tips you can follow to avoid any sort of infection. This will help you a lot in the improvement of your baby’s quality of hair as well as the hair health will also work well. These are some good tips which do not have any harmful side effects.